A leading provider of operational due diligence reviews and background investigations for the crypto and alternative investment space, Corgentum Consulting, today announced that it will host a webinar discussing trends in investor analysis of compliance and operations of virtual asset regulations.
It will take place starting at 10:30am EDT on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
In support of cryptocurrency investors and asset managers in digital currency investment strategies, Corgentum recently introduced a suite of compliance, operations and risk products.
Webinar topics will include:
- Designing a crypto specific operational due diligence (ODD) process
- Techniques for investors to customize due diligence different digital assets including Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ether, Litecoin (LTC), Cardano (ADA) , stablecoins (Tether, Goldcoin, PAX, BinanceUSD, TrueUSD),
- Due diligence strategies for analyzing crypto startups anti-money laundering (AML), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Know Your Customer (KYC), FATF Travel Rule, and sanctions screenings compliance
- Trends in investor due diligence on investments in DeFi tokens, security token offerings (STOs) that are offered in the US under regulations including Reg D and Regulation S, Initial coin offerings (ICOs) and non-fungible tokens (NFT)
- Overview of investor techniques and tools for the forensic investigation and de-anonymizing of blockchain and cryptocurrency transactions
- Privacy compliance reviews and cybersecurity analysis of crypto asset managers
- Implications of global evolving crypto regulations and proposals including the EU’s Markets In Crypto-Assets Regulation (MiCa) and Regulation for a Pilot-Regime for DLT based Market Infrastructures
The webinar will be hosted by Jason Scharfman, a leading expert in the operations, compliance and due diligence of crypto and digital asset funds. The author of the newly released Alternative Investment Operations is Mr. Scharfman: Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Fund of Funds (Palgrave Macmillan). He is also the author of Compliance with Private Equity: Conflict Analysis, Fees, and Risks (Wiley Finance).
Mr. Scharfman is also the author of Amazon’s newly released Private Equity Compliance: Conflicts, Fees, and Risks Analysis (Wiley Finance). The book serves as a complement to Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management, his previous book.