Contact Information

Oak Avenue, Manhattan Beach, California 90266

Contact Us

On Wednesday, even after security forces attacked and attacked the headquarters of the political party of the ousted dictator Aung San Suu Kyi, huge crowds protested against the military capture on Myanova defied another ban on demonstrations.
In Yangon and Mandalay, the largest cities of the world, witnesses estimated that tens of thousands of protestors, if not more.
In Naypyitaw and elsewhere, rallies took place also.
The demonstrators demand that the deposed civilian government of Suu Kyi be returned to power.

They seek independence for her and other members of the ruling party because the army arrested them after the blocking of the new parliamentary session on February 1.

“As part of Generation Z we are first-time voters. This is our first time to protest as well,” one student said who declined to give her name for fear of harassment.
“They negated our votes and this is totally unfair. We do not want that. We hope they release our leaders and implement a real democracy.”

The military says it acted because November’s election, which Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy won in a landslide, were marred by irregularities. The election commission had refuted the allegation.

Some protestors in Yangon came to seek international pressure against the coup in foreign embassies.

A small group outside the Embassy of Japan sang signs and sang, “We want democracy.

They sat in many kids’ baths, three or less per tub, demonstrating alignment in language with an emergency law banning gatherings of more than five participants. They were in a tongue-in-cheek manner.
Others went through the area, singing and waving Suu Kyi flags.
A fake coffin was carried by another party as part of a mock funeral for the new leader, Senior General Min Aung Hlaing.

READ:  WHO Approves the Emergency Use of Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID Vaccine

There is no room for reconciliation with the burgeoning demonstrations and the new raid of the junta.
Five decades after a coup in 1962, the military directly controlled a major rebellion in 1988, and a revolt in 2007 led by Buddhist monks, by deadly forces.

Police sprinkled cannons and fired warning shot in Naypyitaw and Mandalay on Tuesday to try and clear the protestors.

In Naypyitaw, a protestant woman was shot rubber bullets and seemingly live, according to witnesses and social media films. They were injured.

The findings cannot be verified independently.

Human Rights Watch quoted a doctor who said the woman was seriously affected at a Naypyitaw hospital.
The doctor said that the woman had a projectile in her head, assumed to be a bullet that entered the right ear and lost substantial control of her brain.
The physician advised us that a man was treated as a living ammunition with an upper body wound.

MRTV State TV network showed that the protestors were responsible for violence in one of its few protest stories on Tuesday night.

The New York based watchdog called for the “Myanmar police should immediately end the use of excessive and lethal force”

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments