The Realme 8 Pro, which was released last week, is getting a new firmware update with the RMX3081 11 A.27 version number. After a build with version RMX3081 11 A.24 was rolled out before the launch, which included Starry Mode and Starry Timelapse features, this is the second software update.
The new build takes the Realme 8 Pro’s Android security patch level up to April 2021, which is remarkable considering that even Google’s Pixels are yet to obtain the April patch.
In addition, the firmware upgrades the watermark style and adds Hyper Motion Slo-Mo feature to the smartphone’s rear camera. It also adds Vi (Vodafone Idea) VoWiFi support to the Indian units. For more details, see the full changelog for the update below:
- Android security patch: April 2021
- Added Hyper motion SLO-MO mode of the rear camera
- Update watermark style
- Fixed the flicker issue of taking photos with the rear camera in some scenarios
- Fixed the probabilistic color shifts issue of the rear camera
- Added support for VoWiFi function of Vi India carrier (India)
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of unable to swipe down to expand the status bar when power on
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of prompting reset failed in notification bar
The latest update is about 330MB in size and should be available to all units in a week or two. Realme is expected to add the full update kit to its official website’s app support page shortly, enabling Realme 8 Pro users to manually install the update on their devices instead of waiting for the OTA to arrive. gsmarena