Capitol Suspects Return to Bomb Threat in Standoff Near the United States

One man who was sitting in pickup truck claims that a bomb had been dropped by the US Capitol on Thursday, the authorities said, after an hour’s standoff.

Officials were threatened with evacuating many Capitol Hill buildings.

The 49 year old, Ray Roseberry of Floyd, from Grover, N.C., told the officials that he had a bomb on the sidewalk in front of the Library of Congress. Chief Tom Manger of the Capitol Police said the man had a detonator in his hand.

The United States Capitol Police said that Roseberry had been cleared and no explosive device was found in the vehicle.

Manger said that while in his camion, Roseberry was on live Facebook streaming.

In Charlotte, N.C., WCNC-TV said Roseberry had published several online videos to ask for talks on the “Revolution is on.”

Because of this event, both the Jefferson and Madison Buildings were evacuated from the Congress Library.

“We are monitoring this situation closely and will update this account as we get the information we can release,” U.S. Capitol Police tweeted.

Police were assisting in the investigation, including the FBI, the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Bureau and Washington, D.C.

The U.S. House members have Cannon building offices. Staff moved through underground tunnels to the Longworth House office building.

The Supreme Court and the Congress are both at recess.

Source: UPI

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments