Kevin Ferguson Jr., often known as “Baby Slice,” is set to fight for the first time in 2021.
Ferguson (3-3 MMA, 3-3 BMMA) will take on Cody Lincoln on Friday at Bellator 265. He is the son of “Kimbo Slice” and will be looking to improve his record above.500. On the preliminary card, the fight will take place at lightweight.
Bellator 265 is held in the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. After prelims on MMA Junkie, the main event airs on Showtime.
The booking was recently announced by Bellator officials. The matchup was initially reported by Fansided.
Ferguson, 29, hasn’t fought since losing to Kaheem Murray by unanimous decision in November 2020. The loss was his second in three fights, with the third being a win that was overturned to a no contest after the referee missed illegal strikes to the back of the head.
Lincoln (5-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) of North Dakota will be looking to win in his promotional debut on home soil. Despite not fighting since November 2018, Lincoln has won two of his last three fights, including a victory against Derek Varin at LFA: Sioux Falls Fight Night 1.
With the addition, the Bellator 265 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD, Showtime (9 p.m. ET)
- Sergei Kharitonov vs. Cheick Kongo
- Adam Borics vs. Jay Jay Wilson
- Keith Lee vs. Jornel Lugo
- Marcelo Golm vs. Kelvin Tiller
- Dante Schiro vs. Logan Storley
PRELIMS, MMA Junkie (6 p.m. ET)
- Fabio Aguiar vs. Taylor Johnson
- Mike Hamel vs. Bryce Logan
- Kevin Ferguson Jr. vs. Cody Lincoln
- Kevin Childs vs. Bailey Schoenfelder
- Archie Colgan vs. CJ Randall
- Kody Moegenberg vs. Jeff Nielsen
- Deven Fisher vs. Duane Johnson