Ramos-Mendoza is the Focus of PBC on FOX on September 5th

On September 5th, Premier Boxing Champions will hold a rare Sunday show at Minneapolis’ Armory, with a super welterweight main event pitting rising 20-year-old prospect Jesus Ramos and once-beaten Brian Mendoza.

Ramos (19-0, 17 KO), the nephew of veteran Abel, defeated Javier Molina by unanimous decision in May, ending a five-fight knockout streak. He appears to be a highly talented young man who will face Mendoza (19-1, 13 KO), who bounced back from a split decision loss to Larry Gomez by defeating “Cornflake” LaManna.

“I’ve had a great training camp so far for this fight,” said Ramos. “I feel a lot stronger, a lot more mature and I feel like I learned a lot from my last fight that I’m implementing into this camp. I expect a tough fight from Mendoza. I’m sure he’s coming to win and to take everything I’ve earned, but I’m going to make sure he doesn’t. You have to tune in on September 5 because it’s going to be a good one!”

Image Source: RingTV

“I’ve been grinding in the gym nonstop preparing for an opportunity like this,” said Mendoza. “I’ve been learning a lot and I believe that it’s time for the world to see the fighter I’ve become. I can’t wait to put my skills on display. Don’t miss this fight on September 5, it’s going to be explosive.”

The three-fight FOX broadcast will also see undefeated Dominican lightweight Starling Castillo (15-0, 12 KO) take on veteran Juan Carlos Burgos (34-5-2, 21 KOs). Castillo was last seen starching Miguel Contreras in July, while Burgos put in a strong effort in defeat against Xavier Martinez in May.

“I am very honored to be fighting on a great platform like FOX,” said Castillo. “It’s humbling to perform under the bright lights and I can’t wait. My team and I have been working very hard and we are laser focused on Burgos. We’re going to be prepared for anything he tries to throw at me on fight night.”

“This fight is mine for the taking,” said Burgos. “Training is going great and everything is on track for fight night. My sole focus is to win and make Mexico proud, while proving that I am still the real deal.”

In the opening bout, 22-year-old middleweight Armando Resendiz (12-0, 8 KO) faces Mark Anthony Hernandez (14-4-2, 3 KO). Hernandez has been around the block, facing the likes of Jeison Rosario and Alantez Fox, and represents a step up in class for the Mexican up-and-comer.

Image Source: Twitter

“Since my last fight, all I keep thinking about is how I’m going to be a more polished fighter when I step back in the ring,” said Reséndiz. “Now it’s time to show everyone that I’m the next big boxing star to come out of Mexico. Hernández is a durable fighter who has been in the ring with some top level fighters, but he’s never been in the ring with a puncher like myself. I have plans to stop him and send a message to all the fighters in my division. I want to thank my promoters Warriors Boxing and Boxing Major League for this opportunity. I’m going to make sure the world knows my name after this fight.”

“I know that I’m facing a tough fighter, but I believe that I’ve faced better competition than what Reséndiz brings,” said Hernández. “I’m training hard for this opportunity and I’m glad to be back in the ring. Fans can expect action in this fight. Our styles are definitely going to mesh and make for a memorable fight.”

Source: MSN Sports

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments